Dominican University of California
San Rafael, CA
San Rafael, CA
Located 12 miles north of San Francisco, Dominican University of California is the best small university experience in Northern California. With over 60 majors, minors, and concentrations; real-world learning opportunities; and personalized support, your Dominican Experience can be anything you want it to be.
The Dominican Experience
From mentoring to project-based research, you’ll build a track record that shows what you can accomplish, giving you the confidence and knowledge to shape your future. The Dominican Experience is our promise that you’ll have the support you need to succeed—both in college and in your career—as well as the skills and ethical foundation to create a meaningful life.
Undergraduate students of all majors participate in the Dominican Experience and have the opportunity to:
• Work with an integrative coach and a network of mentors all four years.
• Engage with the community through service learning, internships, fieldwork, community-based research, or global learning.
• Complete signature work such as original research, writing, or art.
• Craft a digital portfolio that captures and highlights your accomplishments.
Guided by our Catholic heritage, Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community, and service into their daily lives. Each of our academic programs is designed to help you pursue a path that’s paved in self-discovery, creative thinking, and community impact.
Dominican University is test-optional! We take into consideration your grades, the rigor of your high school curriculum, and your involvement with extracurricular activities when considering your application.
From need-based aid to athletic awards and more, 99% of entering undergraduate students receive financial aid. Federal and state loans and grants, work-study, and other grants are also available. In almost all cases, there’s no application fee.
Dominican sponsors 13 intercollegiate sports and is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II, the Pacific West Conference, and MCLA Division I.
• Men’s sports: Basketball, cross-country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, track & field
• Women’s sports: Basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball
Explore our virtual tours at dominican.edu/visitus or call 888-323-6763 to learn when in-person tours will resume.
If you've completed coursework at a college or university after high school and are ready to continue your educational journey, we’re excited you’re considering Dominican University.
Here are just some of the reasons why Dominican could be a great fit for you:
• Research: We have ample undergraduate research opportunities available to all students.
• Study abroad: We offer programs in 53 countries across the globe—for all students in every major.
• Modern tech: Dominican now offers a Computer Science minor to infuse any major with cutting-edge coding skills.
• Opportunities to give back: Engage with issues you're passionate about, develop a vision of justice, learn community-building skills, and more with a major in Social Justice.
• Student support: Our teams of academic advisors, integrative coaches, and career and internship specialists will be with you every step of the way.
• Networking: Our broad network includes top Bay Area companies, from tech to business to leading research facilities. We’ll help you land an internship and even your first job!
The transfer admission process includes the evaluation of several factors, including academics; leadership both inside and outside the classroom; recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader; and your personal essay. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For most majors, we have a rolling admission process, and we accept applications year-round. If an application deadline falls on a weekend and/or holiday, applications will be accepted through the end of the next business day.
Non-Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring deadline: January 5
Fall deadline: August 1
Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring deadline: September 1
Fall deadline: March 1